2022 Leaf Collection Program
This year’s leaf collection program begins the week of October 24, 2022 and runs through the week of November 28, 2022. To take advantage of this convenient service, loose leaves need to be placed as close as possible to the curb in the parkway, but not in the roadway. Residents are encouraged to participate in the program as early in the season as possible to assure collection of as many leaves as possible. Once crews pass through an area, they will not return until the remainder of the Village-wide pass is complete.
Each pass may extend into the following week depending on actual leaf volume, weather conditions, or other operational factors. The Village anticipates completing a total of 4-5 passes through the Village during the leaf collection program. The final Village-wide pass will occur the week beginning November 28th. Once the collection is completed during this week, crews are unable to return for the 2022 season.
Leaves remaining after the program concludes can be disposed of by placing them in stickered yard waste bags or in yard waste carts for collection by the Village’s waste hauler, Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS). LRS will continue to collect yard waste bags and carts through Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
Leaf Program Guidelines at a Glance:
- Place leaves in parkway as close as possible to the roadway.
- Leaves must be loose and not bagged.
- Leaf piles that contain trash, branches, brush, grass or landscape debris will not be collected as these items can damage equipment and delay collection efforts.
- Do not place leaves around mailboxes, streetlights, fire hydrants, and sign poles. Leave at least 5 feet of separation from these items.
- Leaves must not be placed in ditches or on sidewalks.
- Do not park cars in front of or on top of leaf piles as crews will not be able to collect them. Should there be an obstacle in front of a pile, crews will not circle back to collect them. The pile will be collected on the next pass through the area.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Leaf Collection Program, call Public Works at (630) 271-4180.