Leaf Pick Up Program
The Village's weekly collection of loose leaves will begin the week of October 24, 2022 and run through the week of November 28, 2022.
The map below shows streets that have been serviced. If your street is marked in red, Public Works has completed collection in this area for the week.
2022 Loose Leaf Pick Up Program ScheduleTo take advantage of this convenient service, leaves (no grass or landscaping debris) need to be raked to the parkway as close to the curb as possible by 7:00 a.m. each Monday morning during the weeks of the program. Weather permitting. To ensure that crews can collect the leaves, do not park cars on the street in front of leaves.
Public Works crews will collect the leaves once a week, weather permitting. If leaves have not been raked into the front parkway when a crews passes through, the pick up will not take place until the following week. During the final week of collection, once the crew has completed a street, they will not return. Inclement weather conditions may result in the program ending before the week of November 28. Residents are encouraged to rake their leaves as early as possible in the season in order to participate in the program.
Leaf Preparation Guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing leaves for pickup:
- All leaves must be placed in the front parkway by 7 a.m. on Monday morning
- Leaves should be loose, not bagged, and placed as close to the edge of the street as possible
- Leaves should not be placed on sidewalks, in ditches, or in the street. Where sidewalks abut the curb, the leaves should be placed off of the sidewalk and as close to the street as possible
- No other materials shall be placed in the leaf pile, including grass, branches, landscape waste, etc.
- Please do not park cars in front of or on top of leaf piles. If there is an obstacle in front of a pile, crews will not circle back to collect them. The pile will be collected on the next pass through the area.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Leaf Collection Program, call Public Works at (630) 271-4180.