Leaf Pick Up Program
The final week of the Village's weekly collection of loose leaves began the week of November 16, 2020.
The map below shows completed streets. If your street is in red Public Works has been down the street and will not return.
2020 Loose Leaf Pick Up Program ScheduleTo take advantage of this convenient service, leaves (no grass or landscaping debris) need to be raked to the parkway as close to the curb as possible by 7:00 a.m. each Monday morning during the weeks of the program. Weather permitting. To ensure that crews can collect the leaves, do not park cars on the street in front of leaves.
Public Works crews will collect the leaves once a week. If leaves have not been raked into the front parkway when a crews passes through, the pick up will not take place until the following week. During the final week of collection, once the crew has completed a street, they will not return. Inclement weather conditions may result in the program ending before the week of November 16. Residents are encouraged to rake their leaves as early as possible in the season in order to participate in the program.
Leaf Preparation Guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing leaves for pickup:
- All leaves must be placed in the front parkway by 7 a.m. on Monday morning
- Leaves should be loose, not bagged, and placed as close to the edge of the street as possible
- Leaves should not be placed on sidewalks, in ditches, or in the street. Where sidewalks abut the curb, the leaves shoud be placed off of the sidewalk and as close to the street as possible
- No other materials shall be placed in the leaf pile, including grass, branches, landscape waste, etc
- Please do not park cars in front of leaf piles and keep the area in front of the leaf piles clear. If crews can not get to the leaf piles they will not be picked up.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Leaf Collection Program, call Public Works at (630) 271-4180.