Leaf Pick Up Program
In response to the delayed leaf drop this year, 2021, the Village will be extending this year's leaf collection program with an additional Village-wide collection to occur the week of November 29
December 3, 2021 Update: Due to the heavy leaf volume this past week, Public Works crews will conduct leaf collection on Saturday, December 4th, and early next week to finish the last round of Village-wide leaf collection. Collections will strictly occur on streets where collection has not yet occurred for this final week of collection. Please do not rake leaves to the curb if collection has already occurred on your street this week. If collection has already occurred, crews will not return. Any remaining leaves can be placed in stickered yard waste bags and placed out for yard waste pick up by LRS until December 15th.
November 29, 2021 Update: The final round of leaf collection will occur the week of November 29th. Any remaining leaves after this week can be placed curbside in stickered yard waste bags for collection by LRS. LRS will collect yard waste bags until Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
The map below shows streets that have been serviced. If your street is marked in red, Public Works has completed collection in this area for the week.
2021 Loose Leaf Pick Up Program ScheduleTo take advantage of this convenient service, leaves (no grass or landscaping debris) need to be raked to the parkway as close to the curb as possible by 7:00 a.m. each Monday morning during the weeks of the program. Weather permitting. To ensure that crews can collect the leaves, do not park cars on the street in front of leaves.
Public Works crews will collect the leaves once a week. If leaves have not been raked into the front parkway when a crews passes through, the pick up will not take place until the following week. During the final week of collection, once the crew has completed a street, they will not return. Inclement weather conditions may result in the program ending before the week of November 16. Residents are encouraged to rake their leaves as early as possible in the season in order to participate in the program.
Leaf Preparation Guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing leaves for pickup:
- All leaves must be placed in the front parkway by 7 a.m. on Monday morning
- Leaves should be loose, not bagged, and placed as close to the edge of the street as possible
- Leaves should not be placed on sidewalks, in ditches, or in the street. Where sidewalks abut the curb, the leaves shoud be placed off of the sidewalk and as close to the street as possible
- No other materials shall be placed in the leaf pile, including grass, branches, landscape waste, etc
- Please do not park cars in front of leaf piles and keep the area in front of the leaf piles clear. If crews can not get to the leaf piles they will not be picked up.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Leaf Collection Program, call Public Works at (630) 271-4180.