- Business & Development
- Commercial Refuse Haulers
Commercial Refuse Haulers
Licensed HaulersThe Village of Lisle licenses commercial refuse haulers to provide service to all Lisle businesses. Only those haulers that have completed an application and have a business license may haul in Lisle. View the approved list of haulers (PDF).
Having On-Site RecyclingLisle businesses are encouraged to reduce waste by having an on-site recycling program - the more you recycle, the less you throw in the garbage. The result should be reduced monthly costs for garbage dumpster service. Please contact your current garbage hauler and request an on site building survey for collection locations, recycling bins, costs, etc.
What items can be Recycled?Businesses should check with their building manager or garbage hauler to find out which materials are currently being recycled in their building / facility.
Generally, the following materials should be recycled:
- Aluminum foil
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened boxes)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Magazines, catalogs, phone books
- Metal cans
- office paper
- Plastic bottles and jugs
Ensuring SuccessWays to ensure a business recycling program is successful:
- Prominently post signs notifying employees about what and how to recycle
- Notify customers and clients, if they regularly discard recyclables, that you have an on-site program (examples: printing / copy stores where customers discard paper, self-serve restaurants where customers buy drinks in cans or bottles)
- Place labeled recycling containers where designated materials are routinely discarded