Refuse, Yard Waste & Recycling
The Village has been informed that waste haulers and recycling centers have been finding an inordinate number of gloves, masks and other PPE in the recycling stream. These items are considered waste and belong in with garbage / refuse.
Village Waste Hauler: Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS)
The Village’s agreement with waste hauler Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) went into effect on July 1, 2018, with an amendment to the agreement passing in 2020, for an additional two years. For more information visit the Lakeshore Recycling Systems Lisle webpage or view a program brochure.
Pickup Day: Wednesdays are the collection day for garbage/refuse, recycling and yard waste. All items must be placed at curbside by 6:00 a.m. in order to ensure pickup.
Stickers for Garbage/Refuse and Yard Waste: Stickers may be purchased at Lisle Village Hall, 925 Burlington Avenue (Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.) and at area retail locations. LRS stickers are $3.16 each and can be used for both garbage/refuse and yard waste – there is only ONE (1) sticker for both. View area retail locations where stickers may also be purchased. Stickers may also be purchased online through the Village’s payment portal. Simply choose one-time payment, then refuse / yard waste stickers, and fill in the required information. Once the transaction is completed, stickers are mailed promptly. There is no cost to the purchaser for postage.
For questions, please email or call LRS at 630-581-8650
Electronic Waste Recycling and Disposal
LRS provides curbside E-Waste collection, recycling and proper disposal of electronics that are banned from landfills for Village of Lisle residents. Electronic waste (E-Waste) is collected once a month, on the first Wednesday of every month.
The Village still provides quarterly electronics recycling services on certain Saturdays.
Village of Lisle Annual Clean-Up Day is Saturday, October 2, 2021
The Village has arranged for an Clean-up Day (Amnesty) pick up program with Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS). On Saturday, October 2, 2021, residents who participate in curbside collection programs (subscription cart service or the sticker program) will have the option of disposing of an unlimited amount of refuse and household debris by placing it curbside for pick up. The material must be prepared in the same manner as you would for any other collection day.
Clean-up Day General Guidelines:
- Clean up day includes standard household refuse / garbage only. Materials requiring special handling are not included.
- All items must be placed to the curb by 6 a.m. to ensure collection.
- Five (5) items will need to have one sticker affixed. Items in excess of 5 (five), do not require stickers.
- Resident owned, 33-35 gallon or approved garbage containers are considered as one (1) item.
- Residents who have LRS Subscription Garbage/Refuse Carts Service are exempt from having to sticker 5 (five) items.
- Mattress and box springs must be fully sealed in plastic.
UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS FOR CLEAN-UP DAY
The following items will NOT be collected on Clean-up Day
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Building and / or Construction Materials
- Railroad Ties
- Yard Waste
- Excessively heavy items requiring special handling (piano / organ)
For questions on the LRS curbside electronic waste collection, please email or call 630-581-8650