Refuse, Yard Waste & Recycling
Following a competitive bidding process, the Village entered into an agreement with Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) for refuse, recycling and yard waste collection services for an initial term of July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2028, with two-optional one-year renewals through June 2030. View the current contract here:
Pickup Day: Wednesday each week is the collection day for garbage, recycling and yard waste. All items must be placed at curbside by 6:00 a.m. in order to ensure pickup by LRS.
Garbage and Yard Waste Stickers: Stickers are available for the disposal of extra garbage that does not fit in your container or for yard waste bags. Stickers cost $3.80 each and can be purchased at Lisle Village Hall, 925 Burlington Avenue (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at the following retail locations, or online via the Village's Citizen Services Portal (stickers are mailed promptly after payment). The same sticker is used for both garbage and yard waste.
For questions, please email or call LRS at 630-581-8650.
Electronic Waste Recycling and Disposal
LRS provides curbside E-Waste collection, recycling and proper disposal of electronics that are banned from landfills for Village of Lisle residents. Electronic waste (E-Waste) is collected once a month, on the first Wednesday of every month.
The Village still provides quarterly electronics recycling services on certain Saturdays.
Annual Clean-up Day is Saturday, October 7th, 2023
The Village has arranged for an Clean-up Day pick up program with Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS). On Saturday, October 7th, 2023, residents who participate in curbside collection programs (subscription cart service or the sticker program) will have the option of disposing of an unlimited amount of refuse and household debris by placing it curbside for pick up. The material must be prepared in the same manner as you would for any other collection day.
To participate, residents who do not have subscription service with LRS must affix stickers to the first five items set out for disposal. Additional items placed out with the stickered items will be picked up without charge. For those that have a subscription cart service with LRS, there are no stickers required to participate – simply set items out at the curb for collection. Residents can begin to place items at the curbside after the regular pick up that occurs on Wednesday, October 4, 2023. All items must be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 7, 2023 to ensure collection, as crews will be unable to return to an area once they’ve passed through. More information can be found on the LRS website.
Clean-up Day General Guidelines:
- Clean up day includes standard household refuse / garbage only. Materials requiring special handling are not included.
- All items must be placed to the curb by 6 a.m. to ensure collection.
- Five (5) items will need to have one sticker affixed. Items in excess of 5 (five), do not require stickers.
- Resident owned, 33-35 gallon or approved garbage containers are considered as one (1) item.
- Residents who have LRS Subscription Garbage/Refuse Carts Service are exempt from having to sticker 5 (five) items.
- Mattress and box springs must be fully sealed in plastic.
The following items will NOT be collected on Clean-up Day:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
- Building and/or Construction Materials
- Railroad Ties
- Yard Waste
- Excessively heavy items requiring special handling (piano/organ)