Planning on enjoying some much needed relaxation or going on an adventure this summer? Whether you’re packing a suitcase, buying sunscreen for a beach vacation, or tuning up your bicycle for a trip, the Village is sharing the following helpful tips while you’re away:
- Refrain from posting photos or updates of your vacation on social media until after you return home to avoid letting people know you’re not home.
- Inform neighbors and family of your travel plans to coordinate pick-up of packages, mail and garbage cans while away.
- Arrange for lawn care services to avoid the appearance of prolonged vacancy.
- Place interior and exterior lights on timers in the evening hours to make it appear as someone is home.
- Monitor the weather at home and take action if severe storms are forecasted.
- If you will be away from your home for an extended period of time, sign up for the Lisle Police Department’s free vacation watch service to monitor your home for the duration of your trip.
The Village wishes you an enjoyable summer season! For additional information, as well as other crime prevention tips, visit the Lisle Police Department’s webpage.