To ensure that a suitable supply of water is available for normal daily consumption as well as emergency purposes, the Village restricts outdoor summer water usage. These restrictions apply to both Village and Illinois American Water customers. From May 15th until September 15th of each year, the following restrictions apply:
- Watering is permitted between 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Residents with even numbered street addresses may water during permitted hours only on even numbered days.
- Residents with odd numbered street addresses may water during permitted hours only on odd numbered days.
- Watering with handheld devices (spray nozzle) is allowed anytime.
- The application for a two-week permit for newly laid sod/seed is available online at www.villageoflisle.org or by contacting Public Works at (630) 271-4180.
- A 2-week sod or seed watering permit can be obtained for newly laid sod or sown seed. Fill out the Sod/Seed Watering Application. Once approved, the requester will receive a copy of the signed permit. Please contact us 630-271-4180 with any questions.
Water customers are responsible for paying for any water used. Please monitor irrigation systems for any system malfunctions or excessive water use. Pooling water, or oversaturated areas on lawns, can be an indication of this. For more information about water usage, please call Public Works at the number above.